June, named after the Roman goddess Juno, adopted from her Greek counterpart, Hera. Apparently, it is considered good luck to get hitched in the month of June, as Hera/Juno are the goddess of marriage and of the home. A little trivia for you.
Half way through the year already… incredible. The year is zooming by, and again, I am late with my goals!
Home and work life balance
- This month was better than May, but I did agree to coach basketball next term. That means two afternoons each week I’ll be home late.
- This is going nowhere!
- Same, no photos this month.
Food and wine
- This is working, and have noticed a difference in having a clear head space, more energy and feeling better overall.
- Cutting back on the professional learning. Revising what my true goals are.
- Good news here. I have a new book about to be published, which you may have seen my blog post Book Announcement, with more information to come soon, and I have booked in my editor for Book 3 in the Servant of the Gods series. Fingers crossed this long-awaited book may be published by the end of the year.
On course with the Serenity Prayer
What did I get out of this month? As Emaginette kindly wrote in my previous May goals, ‘stay true to myself’. I do tend to put the needs of others before myself, which is okay but now I need to refocus my energies and direct them at myself. This will require rewiring my brain!
The good news is I am making progress with my writing. So, do you stay true to yourself? If yes, what strategies do you use to keep on your path? How you keep from falling into old patterns and habits?
Thank you for your continued support and as always, I look forward to your comments and will respond.
Historical fiction novelist and a secondary teacher, Luciana Cavallaro, burnt out but not done… yet.